Professional Highlights and Honors Award winning pro bono attorney.
- Represented the former general counsel of a major healthcare company in reference to allegations of health care fraud.
- Represented an executive in reference to allegations of money laundering, rico, gambling and other charges. All charges were nol-prossed.
- Defended a former trader from the Chicago Stock Exchange in reference to allegations of insurance fraud. No charges were filed.
- Represented a banking executive accused of bid rigging and wire fraud in a large federal municipal derivatives investigation resulting in a non-prosecution agreement between the client and the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest matchmaking services against allegations under Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act.
- Ongoing post-conviction representation of a person due to newly discovered DNA evidence.
- The J. Ben Watkins Award from Stetson University College of Law. The J. Ben Watkins Award honors individuals who have demonstrated outstanding leadership and accomplishment in the legal community.
- The Florida Bar President's Award for Pro Bono Service. Ms. Palchak was one of 21 Lawyers (of the 106,000 Members of the Florida Bar) who were honored for pro bono service at the Florida Supreme Court on January 25, 2018. With over 5,500 hours of pro bono, Ms. Palchak's work was recognized for helping the most vulnerable in society. "There is much yet to do," she said. "If we can help, we should help."
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, Criminal Law, 2014
- Board Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Life Member, NACDL
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, Criminal Defense, 2009-2010 and White Collar, 2013-Present.
- Leader in the Law, Florida Association for Women Lawyers, 2013
- Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award, Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, 2013
- Marcelino "Bubba" Huerta III Award, Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2013
- Pro Bono Service Award, Florida's Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, 2011-2013
Jo Ann was awarded the "Bubba" Huerta Award in 2013 by the Criminal Law Section of the Hillsborough County Bar Association. This award recognizes the "tireless commitment to pro bono service and pursuit of equal justice" and it is awarded in honor of the late Marcelino "Bubba" Huerta, Esquire. From left to right are Ms. Palchak's good friends and prior "Bubba" winners, Jim Felman, Eddie Suarez, Mrs. Huerta, and Michael Maddux.